Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunday, 2/14/10 – Valentine’s Day

I’ve gotten a lot of requests for details on the Lindsey Valentine’s Day Dinner Extravaganza 2010. I have fantastic news: I took pictures of the 4-course meal created out of pure love and adoration for my dear husband, and am pleased to share them with you on this public, impersonal and permanent forum.

After planning for a week and slaving over the stove all day Sunday, leaving me unattractive and short-tempered, I am proud to tell you that my first attempt at creating an elaborate gourmet meal per deux was a complete success. I think I abused the services of my Sous Steve, perhaps ordering him around too much, but he’s a good sport. He knew it was game time.


Course 1: Seared Sea Scallops on Parsley Coulis



Course 2: Macedoine de Legumes, topped with Goat Cheese and Dill



Course 3: Fried Catfish Goujonettes with Sauce Remoulade and Red Pepper Cream Sauce, Potato Rissoler and Zucchini a l’Etuvee


Course 4: Orange Supremes baked in an Orange Liquor Mint Cream Sabayon


They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach; if this is true, I’ve won the heart of the one I love for a lifetime and beyond. Then again, I think I had his heart long before Sunday’s dinner.

1 comment: