Friday, August 13, 2010

Wednesday, 8/11/10 - Level 5 Day 9 (Patissier)

I FINISHED MY PROJECT!!

Although we've known about it for several months now, I naturally waited until recently to hammer out the details of my Level 5 menu project – a massive portion of our grade and an opportunity to demonstrate all that we've learned since January.

We had to pick a theme, formulate a menu, cook everything and take pictures, do a research project on the theme and one main ingredient and figure out the exact costing for one of the recipes. It was way more work than I was anticipating…but it's printed, bound and sealed in my school bag, and I can guarantee I won't be looking at it for quite some time. That doesn't stop me from sharing it with you, though. Enjoy:


AN EVENING AT THE DALLAS COUNTRY CLUB


Cold Cucumber and Tomato Soup with Chorizo Croutons and Asparagus Chorizo Spears










Jicama and Crab Leg Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing


I








Homemade Smoked Chicken Tostada with an Avocado Corn Salad, Caramelized Red Onions and Peppers and a Lime Cream Sauce










Marinated Carne Asada Sirloin with Ancho-Chili-Roasted Corn, Black Bean Soufflé and Baby Broccoli










Green Herb Granité with Fromage Blanc Mousse on a Summer Berry Sauce

(Yes, that's a chocolate Texas)




No comments:

Post a Comment